Monday

Social Notworking

After receiving hundreds of email invitations, I have joined linkedin.com, which is like facebook but with the additional annoyance that it is supposed to be professional and function like a resume. This is one aspect that social networking sites like facebook and ____(insert next trendy site here)_____, haven't been providing: pressure to impress and rating you based on how much of your profile you have completed. I get +15% if I load my profile with every "position" I can think of!

What happens if I get 100% completion? I hope I get to meet Yoshi on the roof of the castle! It's going to be hard for me because things like "Social Work" "Civil Service" "Children's Reading Program" and "Community Center" are not considered 'industries'. So it's all the fun of making a resume but with endless html forms. Such a pity I am bad at self-aggrandizement and hate making resumes.

But, due to popular request, I will be on linkedin.com because people want me to be their internet friend internet colleague. So...

Check out my linkedinpark page!

1 comment:

Yesh said...

internet fiend perhaps...