Saturday

About the weather

It is what we call "suicide weather" out. It is ice cold, the wind is blowing, and the sun sets at 3:30 if it comes up at all. It is so unpleasant to be outside, nothing fun can be accomplished. Inside, all the good food has been eaten and no one is energetic enough for a cannibalistic holocaust. We have been watching movies so much they all blur in to one another. We used all our recreational drugs and the only way to get more is to go outside and it's too cold out there.

In addition to the weather, the US economy has gone to shit. There is no work for a production assistant like me since all the rich people are busy freaking out because they won't be quite as rich as they used to be. Although, if I had money I would just be throwing it in to the furnace anyway because I'm not going anywhere to spend it; but I would feel better if I wasn't so broke.

It is impossible to go hang out with my friends because cell phone signals are freezing in the air and falling onto the street. One day I was trying to go to Manhattan and the train slid all the way to New Jersey on frozen tracks and then the conductor and driver hung themselves because they weren't going to do anything after work because it's just too cold. I turned on the TV and there wasn't anything on except coverage of Obama's peanut gallery; Obama isn't here cuddling with me and keeping me warm so forget about that guy!

The only thing that isn't frozen solid, given up, or boring and uninteresting is the internets... oh wait... nope. Nevermind.

2 comments:

Yesh said...

It's the end of the world as we know it....let's have prayer meetings at the Biko. Or we can blow ourselves up being fully aware of the 72 "virgins" waiting for us in "Heaven".

Anneliese said...

who said I wasn't energetic enough for a cannibalistic holocaust?!