Sunday

Succulent Chipotle Pork

It's been so long since we last talked! Well, I made you something delicious:



My friend Mrs. Cumberbatch gave us some boneless pork loin because she doesn't eat meat. I used the pork, some leftover beef liver, and two chipotle seasoning cubes to make a simple meal that tastes like it costs 45$ in Manhattan (not including the other courses).

First, I cut the pork, still frozen, into thin slices about a quarter of an inch thick. Thats about as thick as a standard stereo patch cord. It's important that it's frozen, because that will keep the meat very tender when it's being cooked. The actual cooking technique is similar to stir frying in that the meat is cooked very quickly, but the heat does not have to be extremely high.

I warmed up the skillet with a layer of oil with a medium flame and threw some liver in it when it's hot enough. I let the liver sizzle for a bit, it's not there to be eaten, it's there for flavor, so not so much. Wait a moment...

...

...ok, I put the sliced pork loin on the skillet (it's still mostly frozen). I broke up a chipotle flavor cube or two on them, I added some hot oil because I made some already. After a minute or so when the side touching the skillet stops being red and starts being cooked, they got flipped. When the pan filled up with juice, I turned up the heat a little bit. The insides are still a little pink (not too much though, it shouldn't be a problem if the pieces are thinly sliced enough), and juicy, and delicious. I even deglazed the pan with a splash of water and poured it, still boiling, on top of the sliced pork.

I know you aren't with me now to enjoy this meal, but I wish you were...

No comments: